I am happy to be participating in A ‘lil Hoohaa’s monthly photo challenge, with October’s theme being “Fall.” We will NOT be discussing how I tried to get a good shot of vanilla tootsie rolls falling, so don’t even ask. And anyway, I ate them all. Quickly. Without guilt. After all, you can only get them this time of year!
It was hard for me to choose which photos to include, as I had quite a few I liked. But narrow it down to the required five I did. I can’t wait to see all the other photos, with links to them at A ‘lil Hoohaa!
1. Fall is when you can finally catch legal sized puppy drum in both Virginia and North Carolina. My daughter caught the record of the family this month, weighing in at 24 inches and five pounds!
2. Fall is when the final roses in my garden bloom, before winter makes them fade in to dormancy.
3. Fall means Halloween, and Halloween means the Pirate House Lady decorates her entire front yard for October 31. The longer you look, the more you will find. Her house ROCKS.
4. Fall is when you find beautifully colored leaves resting at the water’s edge, telling all that winter is sadly near.
5. Fall means the ticks finally begin to die, giving us full access to hikes in the woods and treks through the marsh to reach our secret sea glass beach!