After a month of writing, we finally get a bit of a break with this month’s photo challenge, “Express Yourself!”
1. This is River, our “foster fail.” We were fostering her, fell in love with her and adopted her ourselves. The decision was made the moment we realized she expresses herself by howling. Every time one of us walks in she shows her joy with a wolfpack welcome that includes howling in the traditional wolf stance. What better thing is there to come home to!
2. This is Demon, a cat my friend rescued along with Demon’s sister, Angel. For the first month, Demon expressed himself by remaining under the bed. Now he expresses his happiness by lounging on all the furniture.
3. This bufflehead chose to express his love for his female the minute I took out my camera. He was very far away so it is hard to see, but this guy mates by pushing the female under the water while he does what he needs to do. Really?!
4. This blue heron expressed his displeasure at me getting closer for a shot by flying across the pond.
5. My friend’s dog Henri is expressing himself with a special weekend hairdo. Wear what you like, not what others think you should wear!