Drinking. Eating. Money. Exercise. Sex. TV. Smoking. Video Games.
All of these can lead to excess.
When I look at the material things in my life, nothing even comes close to the word “excess.” And my lifestyle? No excess there as well.
When I saw the subject for today’s writing challenge I thought, “If I were to overdo something to excess, what would it be?”
I can’t see drinking to excess. I would end up barfing every morning. Smoking? ALLERGIES! Honestly, the only thing I can see going south would be eating. But what have I eaten to an actual excess?
Time for a bit of honesty.
At one point in my lifetime, I have eaten the following foods to excess:
- The Crisco-style frosting on large, Food Lion birthday cakes. Not the whipped cream. The hard sugar mixed with lard. I have actually snuck the fridge door open, grabbed handfuls of the stuff and shoved them in my mouth while no one was looking.
- Homemade rice crispie treats. What is it about the homemade ones? They scratch up your mouth and get your hands all sticky. But during my lifetime I have indeed had moments of eating them to excess.
- Taco Bell. Not now, but way back in my college days. You drink, you go to Taco Bell, you EAT.
- Hot, greasy and fresh Krispy Kreme donuts. Sigh. And their hard Crisco style filled donuts? See the Crisco-Sugar theme going on here?
- Dolmades. Homemade Greek dolma. One birthday I ate so much that I hurled. And then proceeded to eat my mother’s angel food cake with 7 minute icing. Another amazing excess. Happy Barfing Birthday.
So there you have it. My downfalls to excess.
I am dying to know what you have done or could potentially do in excess. Food? What kind? Cigarettes? Alcohol? Porn? Shoes? (Come on Nicky. We ALL know.)