The theme for this month’s photo challenge is “Colorful” and was my favorite subject to date. Color is everywhere! The most difficult part of this challenge for me was whittling it down to only five photos.
1. This month my oldest turned 21. TWENTY ONE! <insert Mom Tears here>
2. For the last two weeks, my mother and I have been indulging in six oysters each with a Saturday dinner. Last weekend as I opened the oysters I discovered an unexpected surprise. One crab per oyster. LIVE crabs. Live, reddish TICK-LIKE crabs. I asked everyone if they dared me to eat one. Each answer can be briefly described as, “Meh.” With no one egging me on, the challenge became boring so I didn’t eat one. Looking at this picture carefully, I am thinking this was probably a good thing.
3. Red flags are a disappointment, yet amazingly beautiful against a crisp blue sky.
4. Sea glass! Always different. Always a treasure. Always colorful.
5. I love this photo more than almost any I have ever taken. A beautiful Corolla sunset taken by leaning over the railing after enjoying a wonderful dinner on our deck.
I will have limited internet this weekend, so it will take me a few days to visit everyone’s gorgeous colorful photo posts. I can’t wait to see what you have all put together!